Vice President of Operations
Established China Focused Primary Silver Producer
Our Client, a well established, primary silver producer with operations in China and headquartered in Vancouver, is seeking an experienced Vice President of Operations to assume responsibility for operational activities at the company’s projects in China. The ideal candidate will possess a strong operational manager background and exceptional business acumen.
This position in based in China and fluency in Mandarin is essential.
- Direct and control mine operation activities- lead and manage all aspects of operations, including mining, milling, sales, and government and community relations.
- Ensure operations match or exceed production goals and budgets.
- Manage contracted mining.
- Provide technical direction for engineering and mining team(s).
- Propose underground exploration and resource development programs, plans, schedules, and budgets for final approval by senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary operational government regulations and reporting.
- Ensure that the mine safety, health, and environmental standards are exceeded.
- Lead the strategic mine planning and annual mine budget process.
- Improve mine operational processes to effectively reach goals.
- Implement mining best practices and regular performance evaluations.
- Actively solve problems in mining operations and report in monthly meetings.
- Act as the main contact for management and executive teams.
- Supervise NI 43-101 reserve estimations.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Current Professional License such as P.Eng.
- Have at least 10 years or more experience in an underground mining environment, including experience with precious mineral mining, and its underground infrastructure, underground design, and underground mine development.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and management skills.
- Mandarin and English language skills.
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.