Senior Project Geologist
Senior Project Geologist: Mid-Tier Gold Producer
Established Mid-Tier Gold Producer
We are working with an established mid-tier gold producer in search of a Senior Project Geologist to serve as the lead technical expert tasked with adding ounces on what is one of the highest-grade, development staged, open pit gold projects in Canada.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the Senior Project Geologist will be the lead technical expert working as part of a dynamic team of geoscientists with the primary objective of adding resources at the existing deposits and to the discovery of additional economic gold deposits at this growing project.
- Develop regional-, target-, and deposit-scale geological models (lithology, structure, alteration, and mineralization);
- Detailed interpretation, analysis, and continuous improvement in understanding the controls on gold mineralization at the existing deposits, and to refine and develop exploration targets;
- Analyze and interpret the geology and prospectivity of the Company’s tenements to define exploration opportunities, both brownfields and greenfields;
- Collection and interpretation of geological information from exploration programs including diamond drilling, mapping, geophysics, and surface sampling;
- Provide technical leadership for the project exploration team including review, development and maintenance of best practice technical exploration systems and protocols;
- Assist the Exploration Manager with the development of technical training programs;
- Contribute to developing exploration work programs and to strategic exploration planning;
- In collaboration with the Exploration Manager, ensure technical coaching for professional development purposes and a proactive mentorship of junior staff;
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or Earth Science; Post-graduate degree, an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Solid knowledge of orogenic gold deposit models.
- Experience developing geological models at both the deposit- and greenstone-belt scales.
- Regional-scale targeting and exploration experience in Archean greenstone belts.
- An excellent understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as it pertains to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments.
- An ability to think across-scales and to integrate diverse, large datasets.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- A track record of talent development with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience with Leapfrog, ArcGIS, MicroMine, and other related software platforms.
- Registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of being a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
The Incumbent will work on a 20/10 FIFO rotation, with all travel expenses paid throughout Canada by the Company.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV and Cover Letter via: info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Signup to have our weekly MRG Mining Minute Newsletter, which tracks executive and board changes across the Canadian Mining sector delivered straight to your inbox.