Senior Business Development Geologist Established Global Low Cost Gold Producer
Senior Business Development Geologist
Our Client, an established low-cost gold producer with a number of production staged assets worldwide is currently seeking an Senior Business Development Geologist to join their team at the corporate office in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development, you will be responsible for identifying, monitoring and evaluating projects of interest to the Company, assisting in the management and coordination of technical programs conducted by our portfolio companies, and facilitating the integration of acquired projects into the company’s project portfolio. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Company’s exploration and operations teams to define the Company’s regional focus for business development opportunities.
- Identifying prospects and M&A opportunities that align with the Company’s growth and corporate strategy.
- Monitoring competitor activities and worldwide trends, particularly in jurisdictions of interest to the Company.
- Evaluate mineral resource and reserves of potential acquisition targets, preparing geologic and block models where appropriate.
- Participating in technical management committees set up to direct activities at projects operated by partners, in conjunction with the Company’s exploration group.
- Monitoring results of projects operated by partners, and alerting the Company’s management to significant developments.
- Assisting with the integration of newly acquired projects into the company’s project portfolio in a manner that is consistent with company practices.
Ideally, you will have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Geoscience/Engineering with a Professional Geologist designation or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the mining industry, with a wide range of experience preferably in resource development, engineering, and business development
- Sound working knowledge of gold mineralization systems and structural geology
- Proficiency with mineral industry geologic and mine planning software, preferably MineSight or Gemcom
- Strong industry and M&A knowledge with a particular focus on the market for junior gold companies and a proficient understanding of financial and capital markets in general.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management and work collaboratively in a team oriented environment
- Ability to undertake extensive short term international travel
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.