Resource Estimation Geologist
Vancouver or Remote
The Mining Recruitment Group is currently accepting applications for an experienced Resource Estimation Geologist for a growth-oriented, silver and base metal producer focused on mining opportunities in Latin America. The incumbent will report directly to the Exploration Manager of this high growth company and will be a vital part of the technical team as they continue to explore and develop assets in both Peru and Mexico.
The Resource Estimation Geologist will be responsible for technical oversight and coordination of in-house staff and external consultants in development of geologic models, resource and reserve estimates and preparation of related 43-101 technical reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in geology, geological engineering or mining-related field.
• Advance degree(s) in related fields desirable.
• 7+ years experience in conducting exploration and evaluation programs, drill programs, geologic interpretation and modeling, and resource and reserve estimation.
• Experience in interpretation and 3D modeling of vein-type deposits.
• Proficiency in one or more resource estimation software packages (Datamine, MineSight, etc.)
• Knowledge of 43-101 regulatory environment and CIM best practice guidelines.
• Qualified Person status under Canadian 43-101 regulations.
• Motivated, self-directed, self-energized, detail-oriented, committed to best practices.
• Ability to work in multi-task, multi-project environment and to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to function effectively in English-Spanish work environment.
• Verbal and written communication skills for internal and external reporting purposes.
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.