Regional Director, Mining & Water- Southwestern US
Regional Director, Mining & Water Division, Southwestern United States
Denver or Salt Lake City
Regional Director, Southwestern United States:
Global EPCM Firm
The Mining Recruitment Group has been retained by a global EPCM firm to find a leader to step in as the “face” of their mining & water division with oversight over the Southwestern United States that will support our Client’s existing tailings and geotechnical services while driving growth in new service areas such as mine expansion, infrastructure rehabilitation, industrial process, water/wastewater, product delivery optimization, compliance and closure.
With over 100 years in business, our Client is one of the few global companies that offer wholly integrated services spanning the full mining project life cycle from concept through to decommissioning. This includes feasibility, strategic environmental approvals and design; regulatory and social studies; project evaluation and planning; engineering, procurement and construction management; engineering for mine infrastructure; mining operations; and closure, reclamation and rehabilitation.
Given their stature, they work on some of the most challenging and rewarding projects around the world and they want to further build out their mining team by bringing on a “big name” within the industry to allow them to continue serving their clients at the highest of levels.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- This key position will lead our Client’s mining business and drive top line growth by building new client relationships and supporting existing client relationships to grow their mining footprint and achieve a sustaining and industry recognized practice.
- As the Regional Mining Business Leader, the candidate will work with the national mining business line director to develop and implement the Mining Business Plan including growth initiatives, key hires, and top client development plans. The successful candidate should anticipate a larger geographic support to other of our Client’s offices and/or meeting regional client needs globally.
- The candidate will participate in review, actively respond to requests for proposals and qualifications, and lead response to meet client goals and objectives and develop the competitive advantage; leads project capture development and proposal development which ensure sustained profit growth within the business unit.
- A key element will be to support our Client’s existing tailings and geotechnical services while driving growth in new service areas such as mine expansion, infrastructure rehabilitation, industrial process, water/wastewater, product delivery optimization, compliance and closure.
- Acts as the key client service interface for assigned clients and/or service area(s); supporting and working as a team with existing mining client and site managers.
- Collaborates with project managers and technical leads, develops and reviews full project scopes of work and deliverables, services cost budgets, and schedule for project proposals and change management.
- Anticipates and actively develops opportunities to enhance and cross sell services related to client’s current and/or anticipated needs.
- May direct the activities of employees dedicated to attaining large contracts or business of significant financial impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- 10+ years’ experience with demonstrated track record of success in developing business within the mining industry.
- Broad technical and management skills with the focus and capability to provide services as a subject-matter expert.
- Industry professional membership and active participation in industry professional committees and functions.
- Strong existing client and mining company peer-to-peer relationships at operational sites.
- Technical and business understanding of mining industry business processes which support clients in their full delivery processes; processes include mine dry stack and paste tailings, slurry and material handling systems related to tailings disposal, geotechnical engineering, hydrology/hydraulics, environmental, closure and reclamation, heap Leach mining potentially including rock dumps, and general process and infrastructure.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills with all levels of the client’s organization.
- Demonstrated track record in technical marketing strategy, capture planning, business lead and development, proposal preparation, and sales experience
- Ability to establish and cultivate a broad network of support within the water/mining business line to leverage current client and site relationships and enhance entry into new growth opportunities.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a highly matrixed team environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent business analysis, writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice, for client meetings, site visits, and proposal development support.
- 15+ years showing progression of business development leadership within the mining industry.
- Strong track record and ability to cultivate and establish key relationships at multiple levels of major mining companies is highly desired.
- Experience working with one or more top tier base and/or precious metals mining companies in a senior operational or technical management role related to the market and area development is a plus.
- Experience working with major mining consultancy firms in business development, project management and technical roles in the areas of desired growth.
- Extensive knowledge of the business to support cross-discipline, business line, and region collaboration.
- Prior mining operations and/or project experience within the base and precious metals areas of the mining industry.
- Capability to drive and position for end-to-end mining services from environmental/permitting, site development and operations, through to mine reclamation and closure.
Ideally, the Incumbent will be based in, or spending significant time at our Client’s main mining center in Denver, though the location of this position is flexible to Salt Lake City, or Phoenix.
Qualified professionals that have an interest in being considered for this opportunity are invited to apply by submitting a CV and Cover Letter to: Info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.