Principal Geoscientist- Regional Exploration Throughout Golden Triangle
Regional Exploration; Golden Triangle
We have been retained to quarterback the executive search process with the aim of securing a Principal Geoscientist for our Client, a B.C. focused gold exploration and development company with a large portfolio of projects and huge land position throughout the Golden Triangle. This new position will report directly to the VP Exploration and will be responsible for target generation and the direction of exploration across the generative arm of their project portfolio. We are after a true explorationist with extensive hands-on experience in the area, that will have the capability to push them towards their next economic discovery.
- Develop regional-, target-, and deposit-scale geological models (lithology, structure, alteration, and mineralization);
- Detailed interpretation, analysis, and continuous improvement in understanding the controls on gold mineralization at the existing deposits, and to refine and develop exploration targets;
- Analyze and interpret the geology and prospectivity of the Company’s tenements to define exploration opportunities, both brownfields and greenfields;
- Collection and interpretation of geological information from exploration programs including diamond drilling, mapping, geophysics, and surface sampling;
- Provide technical leadership for the project exploration team including review, development and maintenance of best practice technical exploration systems and protocols;
- Contribute to developing exploration work programs and to strategic exploration planning;
- Other duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree(MSc or PhD) in Geology would be preferable
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Past experience directing regional exploration within B.C.; preferably hands-on experience in Golden Triangle.
- Experience developing geological models at both the deposit- and greenstone-belt scales.
- Regional-scale targeting and exploration experience
- An excellent understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as it pertains to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments.
- An ability to think across-scales and to integrate diverse, large datasets.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- Registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of being a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
The Incumbent will be based out of our Client’s head office in Vancouver, with time spent in the field as needed.
Qualified professionals that have an interest in being considered for this opportunity are invited to submit their CV and Cover Letters via: info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.