Manager, Generative Exploration- Copper
Manager, Generative Exploration- Copper : Major Mining Company
Manager, Generative Exploration: Copper
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused on the unique needs of the mining industry.
We are working with one of the largest diversified major mining companies on the planet to aid in their search for a Manager, Generative Exploration focused on early staged Copper opportunities globally. The Manager Generative Exploration will lead the generative team within the Copper Exploration Group out of their offices in Santiago, Chile, and is accountable for the generation and selection of greenfield discovery opportunities globally.
Reporting directly to the VP Exploration, Copper, the Incumbent will ensure that expert, specialist geoscience skills and capability will be deployed to support generative activities. In addition, the role is also responsible for managing the exploration portfolio management process.
- Builds and maintains global, regional and district scale foundation geoscience datasets;
- Conducts global opportunity selection (in-house or third parties) for greenfield discovery opportunities , through an understanding of the Copper deposit geosciences, global terrane ranking, prospectivity mapping, opportunity identification and field reconnaisance activities; and
- Contributes to the development of an appropriate portfolio of high-quality self generated discovery opportunities, aligned with Copper Exploration Strategy and Minimum Resource Threshold criteria.
- Ensures that geoscience technical standards are applied for exploration activities by providing expert knowledge to the Country Managers;
- Maintains knowledge of relevant expert consultants and services providers, and ensures external expertise is appropriately applied to generative exploration activities;
- Ensures appropriate exploration technology and research is deployed to support generative exploration activities;
- Develops and maintains relevant relationships with other Business geoscientists; and
- Provides guidance to the VP Exploration Copper and Copper Exploration Leadership Team on current and new exploration and deposit models, generative methods and relevant datasets.
Exploration Portfolio Management
- Manages the exploration portfolio management process for Copper Exploration ;and
- Co-ordinates and leads quarterly Exploration Portfolio Reviews, including updated portfolio analysis
Leads, manages and develops the Generative Copper Exploration team, including:
- Demonstrate safe behaviors and follows protocols
- Manages appropriate allocation of resources and capability to execute generative and specialized country exploration activities;
- Drives accountability for data ownership and ensures that the capture, analysis, interpretation, storage and archive of generative exploration data is consistently completed to required standards;
- Ensures Generative Copper Exploration team members have appropriate professional training and development to perform their responsibilities;
- Manages Generative Copper Exploration career, talent and succession planning;
- Prepares and manages to budget and plan for the area of Generative; and
- Measures, tracks and reports against Exploration Generative performance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in relevant geoscience discipline with postgraduate qualification in economic geology or related theme
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the Copper geoscience.
- Demonstrated exploration functional and management leadership and experience
- Demonstrated safe execution through visible safety leadership and sound risk assessment and management
- Deep understanding of the value drivers and strategies required to secure globally projects leading to greenfield discoveries
- Experience across the full cycle of project evolution from generation to mining, including greenfield exploration through advanced project delineation, feasibility studies and preferably production geology
- Deep understanding of greenfield exploration geoscience inputs and activities, especially in generation of new plays and opportunities
- Sound exploration judgement, balancing technical, commercial, operational and risk elements using incomplete and/or ambiguous information
- Knowledge of network of expert and specialist geoscience and exploration consultants and service providers
- Performance management, including measurement, tracking and reporting of exploration project delivery and results
Qualified & interested candidates,that are open to living and working out of Santiago, Chile, are invited to submit their Cover Letter and CV via: Info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Signup to receive our weekly MRG Mining Minute Newsletter, which tracks executive and board changes across the Canadian Mining sector and highlights our featured mining opportunities.