Manager, Business Development
Manager, Business Development: Established Contract Mining Co
Manager, Business Development
Leading North American Mining Contractor
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We have been retained by one of the leading mining contractors in North America to assist in securing a business-minded mining engineer in the role of Manager, Business Development. This is a key position for our Client that will focus on forging and maintaining key relationships within the sector, leveraging their leading contract mining platform to generate new business.
The Manager, Business Development is a key member of the Management Team and has overall responsibility for all facets of business development, including client development and relationship management, proposals, conference participation, marketing and branding.
This is a vital role in an established contracting business that is committed to grow and diversify its capabilities to better serve an evolving mining sector marketplace. There will be latitude to re-structure the business development and marketing functions to grow the business and meet ambitious short and long term strategic targets.
We desire a driven and creative leader who will embrace the opportunity to build a successful and scalable contracting business, leveraging a well-established and respected ‘brand’, serving both domestic and international markets, from a corporate office base in Vancouver.
The Manager, Business Development will co-ordinate a multi-functional team that will source, develop, propose and land projects in our various geographic territories and lines of business. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Seek out and source new clients and projects by developing networks and relevant resources for sales and BD, across Canada, in the USA and internationally.
- Build and develop the BD team to ensure best in class performance.
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers as well as internal and external stakeholders to promote and build our Client’s brand, reputation and market presence.
- Lead the BD team, from sourcing through proposals and contract negotiation, working collaboratively with the Technical & Support Services teams, as well as Operations and Finance as needed.
- Achieve revenue, project and other targets to ensure budgeted revenue and other KPIs are met on a quarterly and annual basis, as well as longer term goals in the 5-year strategic plan.
- Support the development and maintenance of First Nations’ and complimentary business relationships that will ultimately expand, diversify, and solidify our market share and performance.
- Lead the expansion of our BD activities to diversify our commodity and geographic reach.
- Working with the CEO, develop ‘zippering plans’ for key strategic clients and manage the involvement of the company’s executive management team in the execution of these plans.
- support the development strong client relationships, ensuring open communication and solid opportunities for inclusion on bid lists and development of sole source work.
- Develop a best in class BD team, covering all geography and lines of business, ensuring training, succession and future growth.
- Plan and manage Client’s participation in a variety of global and regional mining conferences.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of increasingly senior experience in the mining industry – preferably in the contracting business, with advanced knowledge and experience in business development and stakeholder management.
- Post-Secondary degree in Mining/Construction/Engineering or related fields. Additional education in business or executive development training is an asset.
- A demonstrated track record of building high functioning teams.
- Knowledge of ERP and other business management systems would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing, and providing solutions to complex business problems.
- An organized and strategic thinker with good listening skills and a pleasant/trustworthy personality.
- Advanced leadership, management and communication skills, across a broad array of departments.
- Expert level Business development and client service relationship experience, demonstrated relationship builder.
- A passion for monitoring and identifying trends in the global mining sector and adapting the business to accommodate and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel across Canada and worldwide as needed to develop and grow the business and support the work.
- Multiple language skills would be considered as asset.
Qualified and interested professionals are invited to submit their CV and Cover Letter via: info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Signup to receive our weekly MRG Mining Minute Newsletter, which tracks executive and board changes across the Canadian Mining sector and highlights our featured mining opportunities.