Junior Geologist Coal Exploration
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We are currently accepting applications on behalf of our client, a well financed management group with a portfolio of high profile mining companies to find a junior geologist with a background in coal exploration to join their team.
The successful candidate will hold a B.Sc.in Geology with 2-5 years of exploration experience, preferably with exposure to coal exploration.
Working out of our Clients Vancouver offices, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Evaluation of coal exploration properties, exploration status reviews, sampling studies Undertaking Coal Resource estimates using 2D and computerised 3D Methodologies in accordance with International Reporting Codes
- Conducting Coal Resource audits for due diligence reviews
- Experience in the collection and interpretation of coal exploration data to industry best practices, Coal quality, Coal Sampling – using composites and fractions, geophysical techniques
- Performing geophysical log interpretation and working with drill hole databases
With the many responsibilities that this role has, the ideal candidate will also have the following experience:
- Experience in computerized resource estimation and coal seam modeling with a proven record of technical competence. – preferably datamine however others (eg Surpac, Minex or Vulcan, Minesight ) will be considered
- exploration programme management
- A willingness to travel
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills
- Strong Communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Good Leadership and team-building skills
- Effective organisation and time management skills
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.