VP Investment Banking, Mining
Vancouver or Toronto
The Mining Recruitment Group is currently recruiting an experienced VP Investment Banking, with an extensive background in Mining to join one of the most notable research driven,Institutional Investment Dealers in Canada as they look to position themselves in anticipation of a market rebound within the sector.
The Vice President will be responsible for the execution of financings and M&A transactions in the Metals & Mining sector. The successful candidate will have extensive investment banking experience, ideally within the metals & mining sector, from another reputable investment house though will crave autonomy, a transparent compensation framework and the support of one of Canada’s most trusted names in the Mining & Metals sector.
With offices across Canada, the Incumbent would ideally be based in Vancouver or Toronto and would already be a known entity within the Sector, coming from another top-tier investment bank.
• Manage deal execution, train and mentor associates, supervise financial modeling, comparable analyses and valuation analysis and support industry group for financings, and both buy-side and sell-side transactions within the metals & mining client base;
• Perform in-depth company, financial and industry analysis to evaluate and structure transactions;
• Support origination of deals by developing value added idea generations, preparing client presentations, conducting due diligence, drafting and preparing transaction documents and coordinating the work of team members and transaction working groups;
• Maintain an active dialogue with clients;
• Continually keep abreast of market conditions, competitor deal flow and client activities;
• Assist in prospecting for new client relationships by generating marketing screens from various quantitative and qualitative sources; and
• Progress to greater responsibility in support of deal origination and execution and strengthening relationships with senior coverage bankers and clients.
Those wishing to be considered for this position are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.