Director of Mining, Americas- Global EPCM Firm
Director of Mining, Americas: Iconic EPCM Firm
Denver or Western U.S.
Director of Mining- Americas
Global EPCM Firm
The Mining Recruitment Group has been retained by an iconic global EPCM firm to find a leader to be the face of their mining division for the Americas as they look to increase market share. The ideal candidate will be a proven mine operator or developer with a diverse breadth of knowledge, and solid connections within the industry, that is looking for a way to leverage both.
With over 100 years in business, our Client is one of the few global companies that offer wholly integrated services spanning the full mining project life cycle from concept through to decommissioning. This includes feasibility, strategic environmental approvals and design; regulatory and social studies; project evaluation and planning; engineering, procurement and construction management; engineering for mine infrastructure; mining operations; and closure, reclamation and rehabilitation.
Given their stature, they work on some of the most challenging and rewarding projects around the world and they want to further build out their mining team by bringing on a “big name” within the industry to allow them to continue serving their clients at the highest of levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop marketing strategies/plans, anticipates opportunities, and identifies market trends
- Anticipate opportunities and trends in the business line, market sector and in adjacent market sectors
- Market research
- Works with other business line and market sector leaders to ensure strategic business growth
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders linked to the market sector
- Serve as an ambassador for our Client in the business line and market sector
- Development and approval of major pursuits and provides oversight of capture plans that conform to the business development strategy and technical capabilities
- Draw in technical expertise from across the organization to support pursuits
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, manages achievement of cost of sales, gross margin, backlog, and other related financial and business goals
- Support the identification and mitigation of risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process
- Continuously interacts with clients assuring satisfaction with Client services and interacting with project delivery personnel to ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner
- Responsible for managing and developing employees in accordance with our Clients’ core values and performance management competencies, including managing talent and proactively supporting the performance management process
- Reinforce collaboration and team building, ensures client focus, demonstrates commitment to excellence and innovation, and motivates others to ensure positive morale and engagement.
- Ensure that our Client programs such as Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Ethics & Compliance are an overriding part of the organizational culture.
- Provide input on BD expenditures and priorities based on market trends
- Coordinate with Technical Practice to align skills with market trends and to drive strategic technical leadership hires
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 15+ years of Mining industry experience, with a preference on those candidates that have exposure to development, construction, and commercial operations
- Proven track record of client development and strategic relationship capabilities
- Demonstrated business development performance
- 20+ years Mining industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of NA mining market
- Relationships and a following within emerging mid tier and large cap miners
- Ability to broad scan other related end markets and to assist in strategy development
- Agile response to fast paced, complex work environment and organizational change
Ideally, the Incumbent will be based in, or spend significant time at our Client’s main mining center in Denver, though, given this role is of a business development variety, significant time will be spent in travel.
Qualified professionals that have an interest in being considered for this opportunity are invited to apply by submitting a CV and Cover Letter to: info@Miningrecruitmentgroup.com
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Signup to receive our weekly MRG Mining Minute Newsletter, which tracks executive and board changes across the Canadian Mining sector and highlights our featured mining opportunities.