Chief Operating Officer
The Mining Recruitment Group is a boutique executive search firm focused exclusively on the unique requirements of the mining industry.
We are currently seeking applications on behalf of our Client, an ASX listed resource company comprised of a dedicated team of proven resource finders. Focused purely on Mexico, our Client has compiled a large portfolio of assets ranging from grassroots projects through to those that have near term production potential. The Company also continues to seek new greenfields and advanced opportunities.
This is a key position for our Client as the incumbent will provide vision and have oversight over all technical and administrative personnel from their office located in the Sonora region of Mexico.
Reporting to the Executive Chairman based in Australia, the COO will be responsible for the following:
– Managing the company’s exploration and administration activities and staff
– Representing the company with government, community and industry stakeholders
– Building and directing the exploration team based in Hermosillo, Sonora
– Contributing to the corporate strategic plan
– Responsible for consolidated exploration plan and budget
– Achieving the corporation’s exploration goals within budget
– Identifying and evaluating project generation / acquisition opportunities consistent with the corporate strategic plan, and assisting in negotiations for the acquisition of such opportunities
– Commissioning and supervising of external consultants and contractors
– Reporting exploration results and expenditures to the Executive Chairman on a regular basis as to be agreed upon
The successful candidate will have no less than twenty years of relevant experience, much of which focused on Latin America. Fluent in Spanish, the ideal candidate would be a natural leader with a proven ability to multi-task and direct a core team of local geologists. The Incumbent will have a background in overseeing projects from grass roots exploration through to development stage and buy into the corporate methodology of project generation.
Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.